RECENT

WELCOME


“What we do for ourselves dies with us…

What we do for others’ lives on forever!”

-A. Pike

I cannot express how grateful I am to be the new Head Coach of the London Beefeaters. Wanted to take a moment to reach out to you and let you know where we are in the process of building our football team after my hiring this week. I've been able to reach out to some of you over the past couple of days and will be doing my best to personally communicate with each of you over the next few weeks.

During the hiring process, I had the privilege of meeting some of our board and I can only tell you how impressed I have been with their commitment to our coaching staff and players. They are working tirelessly to provide us with a professional environment and doing what it takes to get it done.  Improving our “quality of life” with football is our organization’s focus at this time!

My focus over the last week has been centered on meeting an outstanding group of men in an effort to continue building into a coaching staff that are passionate about the process of assisting you in “mastering your craft”. Our Beefeater coaches, have been and will continue to be demanding, respectful, and treat you with dignity. That is the way we will operate in all areas of our football.

Currently the team has been conducting practices, throw-rounds’ and flag football every week.  Continue to work hard in your training and conditioning, Olympic lifting, track and sport-specific stretch or yoga weekly leading up to 2021.  We must not fall behind our opponent’s in this regard!  How good do you want to be?  How committed are you?  Are you willing to do what is necessary to be great?

I encourage you to be in your best physical condition on your arrival to 2021. There will be a physical conditioning assessment before we go on the field. Everyone will participate and requirements will be that you are in the kind of physical condition where you will not hurt yourself or your teammates. (It is a safety issue for those who are going to practice). I will address this in great detail over the next few weeks.

The enthusiasm and commitment shown by all has me excited for our prospects, both short and long term.  I am looking to build and strengthen our team and club at all levels.  Make no mistake about it; I am committed to winning NOW.  I am looking for players who not only have talent, but who have great character, are selfless and dedicated to committing themselves to the team.  These will be the criteria that we will use in selecting our players for the 2021 roster.  Be relentless in your preparation and it will show!  

Should you have any questions or concerns – let me know.  I will be posting, over the next few weeks, more details about conditioning requirements for early 2021 as well as plans for what's ahead. This will arguably be the toughest season of your football career. It is harder to defend than attack and as defending 2019 OFC Champions, we have a tremendous challenge ahead. That being said, your health, wellness, strength and conditioning have to be your #1 priority!

Be safe, take care of yourself mentally, emotionally and physically. Make wise and healthy decisions that will not hurt you, your families, and our organization. As Covid-19 continues, it is absolutely imperative we're all caring, compassionate and empathetic leaders. First impressions are important. Please make a good first impression!

“My number 1 job as your Head Coach is to keep you safe on and off the field, but I need your help!”

My send-off in prior seasons has been “Let’s Roll!”

That changes right now.

We are hungry.  


#LetsEat

CL

WELCOME WELCOME Reviewed by Coach Lake on December 08, 2020 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.